Saturday, August 14, 2010

Night Angel

I stand in a field waiting for him this night. The trees in the distance that border the plains where I stand look dark and lonely. The soft wimpy wind caresses my face. It blows the glimmering grass making it look of waves and I am standing in a ocean.

The night air is crisp and cool. Condensing on my skin to make beads that shimmer in the moon light,

I wait nervously for my fate. For my true side only comes in the dark moon light.

The black dress I wear flows and dances in the wind as it if is celebrating my return of the true form.

It is glad to know the future of my being.

But I am not

I am frozen in fear but happy to be what is coming. I do not know or understand why this must happen to me,

All I know- It is my Destiny.

My head is down as well as my heart, my emotions run wild and swirl on the inside like an untamed beast that wants out.

My outside is as calm as a lamb and moves not like the calm waters.

The brown skin that covers my whole being shimmers ever so more for a reason as I hold myself now. I then realize what is happening, - the moon is coming out to welcome me home again.

I hold myself tighter waiting to feel it’s cold rays, but I cannot stand not to peer up for it is my calling.

My eyes are wide and face is surprised, but how can I be when I knew this all along.

The night sky was a vast ocean of stars that was cold and welcoming to my soul. I then saw the moon as it appeared as the last few clouds danced away.

My heart sinks and so does my body as it is racked with a pain that is out of this world. I bend and twist but there is no relief for it gets worse and goes deeper.

I spine crackling scream comes out my mouth as I feel myself losing this battle. My body cannot take no more. I stop thrashing around for my body did it on its own. I feel tears come out my eyes and roll down my cheeks. They felt different from any tears I have every cried before because of them seep slowly and thick like my blood. My flesh on my back was the only sound now. As it tore and ripped to make way for more.

Feathers and bone could be heard in my ears, but I did not care at this point because of my mind saying no more it cannot take.

In this pain I find relief- my heart skips beats as if giving up, my nerves quiver in my shock, my breath catches in my lungs and they won’t let go.

Then it is over.

the pain

the noise

nothing but the wind

I hold my hands in front of me covered in my own blood.

"It is done" my mind shouts, so I stand my weary body to its feet. My breath comes back to breathe fresh air. My chest beats a new, stronger than ever. My mind is eased of the agony it had gone through and rejoices.

"Now it is time"

I say to myself, feeling the cool leftovers of my spilled blood seep down my weak body,

I spread my wings to let them show.

"of the return of the Night Angel's return to her throne."

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment